The wide-ranging changes in the communication services business brought about by market changes, and the technology changes with virtualization and 5G will touch every aspect of the business. TM Forum is at the forefront of developing common solutions to the challenge of enabling a business to thrive in this new environment and monetize the opportunity of the new technology. TM Forum collaborative projects create key frameworks and practical tools that can be used in real transformation scenarios.
The digital service industry has moved beyond the point of planning for transformation and is now taking the first steps on the journey. Although different businesses are following different paths, for CSPs at least, it is clear that deployment of virtualized and software defined network technology is well underway. They must now start to maximize the benefits of this technology, over and above simple substitution of existing functionality. The core Frameworx project continues to revise and evolve the frameworks to enable the support systems of the future with new information models for virtualized, policy-driven and automated infrastructure, DevOps style processes and the move from applications to SOA / microservice-based platform architectures.
Areas of focus at Action Week:
- Synthesizing strategic program requirements into Frameworx additions
- Evolving the core Frameworx to support TM Forum ODA concepts such as SOA / microservice based platform architectures
- Integration of Metrics into the Business Process Framework
- Evolution of core frameworks to support DevOps
- Integration of virtualization and orchestration concepts into the Information Framework